July 01, 2018

BRONSON NORRIS MURPHY TAKES OVER AS THE PHANTOM


Bronson Norris Murphy takes over as The Phantom in Love Never Dies! We are so excited to hear this, but also not surprised at all! Bronson is best known for premiering the role of The Phantom in the first North American production of Love Never Dies as Phantom/Mr.Y (before Gardar joined the team, and then as his understudy), alternating Gardar's role with Meghan Picerno and Rachel Anne Moore as Christine. Gardar Thor Cortes announced his departure from the role with this warm words to his fans.

"As many of you already know I have now finished my run as the Phantom in the North American tour of Love Never Dies. The Phantom is now in good hands with my talented colleague Bronson and the production in whole, with the superb cast and crew still touring the States. This musical is truly magical and it’s such a pleasure to be a part of it. I’ve enjoyed seeing such a lot of America during the run and look forward to coming back to the States again as soon as possible. I just wanted to say thank you to all who came to see the show and supported me and a huge thank you to all my fans. I truly appreciate you all. I am back home in Iceland with my family having a well deserved break. And one other thing for my followers - Even though social media is definitely is not my strong side, as I am sure you all know by now, I want you all to know that I appreciate and am grateful for all your regards and warm words, photos and messages. I do read them."

Bronson comes directly from the long-running production of The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway where he has been seen as Raoul (and 9 other roles to date!). Other notable performances include the 30th Anniversary Company of CATS (Gus, Growltiger and Bustopher Jones) and multiple US productions of West Side Story as Tony. Regionally and on the concert stage, he has sung 40+ roles with various theatres and orchestras across the country.